A Lenten Reconciliation service will be offered in the Church on Wednesday, March 29 from 7pm-8pm.
If you are interested in learning more about the Sacrament of Reconciliation, we recommend you watch one of more of the following videos offered by FORMED, a free content service available to our parishioners.
To access, click on any of the links below. You may be prompted to sign in or register to use FORMED.
- Where Are You? examines our experience of guilt and how God seeks us out and calls us back to himself after we have sinned.
- An Encounter with Mercy focuses on the incredible mercy that God offers us in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- The Rite Explained looks at the sacrament from the perspective of the priest and walks through each step of the rite as well as how to make an examination of conscience in preparation for Confession.
- Biblical Foundations: Sin, Mercy, and the Sacrament of Confession explores God’s revelation of his merciful love in Scripture and how this pattern of our loving Father forgiving the sins of his children provides the foundation for the sacrament.
- Answering Common Questions about Confession addresses some of the most frequently asked questions about the sacrament, including why we need to confess our sins to a priest, what actually happens during Confession, and how speaking about our sins and receiving reconciliation heals us.
- For Children: How to Make a Good Confession is an engaging and encouraging walk through the sacrament. This bonus video shows children what they will see, hear, and do when making their First Confession. It covers the examination of conscience, what the confessional looks like, each step of the Rite of Penance, and what is penance.